background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

December Fun!


At Nana's house decorating gingerbread houses (our yearly tradition)... also, having some wine. That's a BIG bottle of wine!

Evan had so much fun and did such a great job. I didn't think it would go well. I thought there would be lots of tantrums about wanting to eat the candy. That didn't happen at all. He didn't ask to have any at all... just decorated his house beautifully. :)

We love our house. First year that I didn't take it home and eat it. I wanted to soooo bad though. I did eat a couple candies and Evan noticed right away... darn ha ha!

Adrianna, Evan, Marty and Serenity and all the beautiful houses.
Evan loved helping his Daddy decorate the yard. Even though it makes Mikey very grumpy he did a really good job making it special for his little boy.
SNOW! Not really... Tempe Market Place.

Evan loved his Christmas craft classes. This happened to be right before he fell and bumped his mouth on the floor. It was so sad! Evan's front two teeth are now turning gray :(

Zoo Lights!
Mikey and I remember this being very boring on a date about 8 yrs ago.... way more fun with a 2 year old.


Evan's buddy/neighbor came over today.
They made Christmas crafts, played lots and had lunch.

Waiting in line at McCormick Ranch to ride the train. I highly recommend this to anyone with kids. There is a big train that cost only $2 per person (2 and under free) and a small train that is free. The light displays were great. Evan had a blast.

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

For Mikey's birthday we went to Tempe Market Place and had dinner with Julie and David. Then walked around, saw the snow and had some frozen yogurt.

Then, off to my sisters yearly Christmas party.
(Sister in law Evonne and sister Dani)

Shots for Mikey's birthday!

Making a BIG gingerbread cookie!

Evan loved decorating the cookie but had to have his hands wiped every 2 seconds. He really hates anything on his hands... we go through A LOT of napkins.

Admiring his work.

We all shared a foot.

I love the green frosting in the ear. When I showed him later while cleaning up he cracked up and didn't want me to clean it, but of course I did. A few days later while eating more of the gingerbread man I looked at Evan and noticed green frosting in his ear again. I said something to him and he cracked up... before finishing his cookie he stuck his finger in the green frosting and put it in his ear. He is soooo crazy/funny!
Decorating and eating cookies.
When I ask him how old he is he can't seem to get his fingers right. When he asks for 2 cookies he has no problem with it.... hmmm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the baking with Evan! And the huge gingerbread man, that's awesome...

jewels in the garden +: ) said...

So much fun! I love the snow picture, looks like the real thing! And I love the green frosting all over Evan's ear!
Nana