I started having contractions at 3:45am Monday morning. Jayda arrived at 7:56am. We couldn't believe how fast she came. She came out in a little ball and was cute from the start. :) I was 39 weeks along. The night before, Mikey told me to pack a bag and get the rest of everything set up because tomorrow was baby day (I had Evan at exactly 39 weeks on a Monday as well). I told him to stop saying that because it made me nervous... but I got everything ready anyways. Good thing since he was right.
7lbs 12oz
20.5 in



She was a good size but to us she seemed so tiny. I really loved the hospital's cute hat.


This was the first time Evan met his sister. The first thing he said when he saw her was thank you mommy for my baby sister. :')


Proud big brother!


Getting her all ready to go home. Evan got a big brother gift before leaving...a new monkey that he named Boytree. Lol! For a few days after he called his sister Girltree. Crazy kid!

Looking beautiful! 


As soon as we got home it was time for Evan to take a nap. Hard to do when you just got a new sister. He got a couple new big brother books that made this day even more special. 

First day home and I had to go hunting at Costco for the already made gingerbread house. They were out of them... joy! Well, it worked out for the best anyway because Evan had a lot of fun building one (from Safeway) with his Daddy. Decorating wasn't going to happen until the next day anyway (Thanksgiving Day).

He did such a great job decorating his house. 


Happy Thanksgiving!


Time to put up the Christmas decorations. 


Time to put up the Christmas decorations. 

I really love this picture and I love our Christmas tree star. This was the star that I had growing up and then my mom decided she wanted a change. So, I was happy to get the star. This is the last year for the star. When taking it down this year it fell apart into a million pieces... sigh! Better check out those after Christmas sales.

She found her thumb. I definitely have a pacifier baby. From the very first day she loved her pacifier.

Love!


On this day we took many pictures trying to get that perfect picture for our x-mas cards. So many of them turned out great that it was hard to decide which one to use. 


On this day we took many pictures trying to get that perfect picture for our x-mas cards. So many of them turned out great that it was hard to decide which one to use. 

Our neighbor Mary got Evan a big brother gift...bath paint. There will be payback Mary! J/k! :)

Jayda's turn for a bath. Evan loves helping out with everything.




Mohawk hair all the time!

He loves his sister so much. He even asked me to have another one because he wanted Jayda to be a twin... haha! He was begging!


He loves his sister so much. He even asked me to have another one because he wanted Jayda to be a twin... haha! He was begging!

Evan loved playing under the tree. I loved how entertained he was by it. 


Just hanging out!

On this day I was very busy with Jayda and Evan was busy cutting and glueing. He came up to me and said ... Look! I made a man with a hat! You can't tell in this picture but he also had 2 eyes and a smile. He was so proud of himself and I was practically in tears I was so proud. This was the first thing he has made (with absolutely no help from anyone) that I could actually see exactly what it was with no explanation.




Decorating our gingerbread man. We ate him up in 2 days... yikes!

She is such a good girl! 
Wow, my little boy doesn't look so little. 




Wow, my little boy doesn't look so little. 



Ready to go look at Christmas lights. 



Happy Birthday Daddy! 

Haha!


Jayda's first "real" bath. Evan thought it would be fun for them to take one together. What was I thinking? At least I got some cute pictures out of it. Jayda did great...although she looked bored through the whole thing haha!





At Evan's school making a gingerbread house.

We LOVE the snow at Tempe Market Place! 

Just hanging out while everyone has icecream.

2 comments:
WOW, you did a lot of work. Love seeing all the pictures of the kids. They are both so cute and love seeing how loveable Evan is with Jayda!
♥
♥
♥
Post a Comment